Перейти к контенту
Конференции клуба Родим и вырастим

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Котя*

to put two teachers for the training course: one is very kind (like talyana is) and another is quite strict

Um, Talyana might not be quite that kind, it's just noone here has done anything to make her mad yet! :D

Darica*

GLady,
Hello! I am as you I almost all words of these posts undestand, but something say is my problem.

Word order is not as free in English as it is in Russian, you will not be understood if you deviate from it too much. So, the sentence above should sound something like:
I am like you, I understand almost all the words in these posts, but to say something is a problem.

And to encourage you to speak - understanding is the first thing you learn to do in a language. And it's not easy! If you understand most of what's written here, it already means you have a certain base. So, now you just have to ignore your fears and speak! Noone is going to criticize you here, we're here to help as little or as much as you'd like. Plus, you can enjoy the advantage of the written language - you can stop and think, revise, even consult a dictionary - something that you won't be able to do once you move on to speaking. I hope you'll come back often! :D

Котя*
Where did you live before Australia? When did you go to this country? Was your son born in Singapur?

Just wanted to let you know that Kotya is on a short trip right now, which is why she has not been writing for a while either. I'm sure when she returns, she'll answer your questions more fully, however, I do believe to know that Kotya does not live in Australia (although she has been there), and her son was born in another, equally exotic, country. :D

Поделиться этим сообщением

GLady

Good morning, girls!
Well, I'm from Moscow, stay at home now with my son.

Hi, and welcome!
If I have time ant opportunity I'd like to learn as many laguages as it possible ...to dream the impossible dream...©.

:D

I studied german in school and in the 8 grade decided to study english...an did it! Then, for a couple of years studied italian. Now, unfortunatly, forgot almost everything, because have no practice but "Practice makes perfect ©".

:D Wow! Well, you're just a regular polyglot in the making! I also love languages and wish someone would pay me to just learn one language after another for the rest of my life! :D Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone interested in that yet. :cray: I also took a semester of Italian (well, half a semester, really, so I'm nowhere near even knowing how to say "My name is"), and a few years of Spanish, so I understand exactly how you feel about the lack of practice.

4 (already!!) years ago I was in US as a camp couselor...It was a great time, I miss it much.

What kind of camp was it? Where in the US were you?

Well, hope this will give the topic a boost, and hope we can keep it rolling without further interruptions!
Talk to everyone soon, I hope!

talyana,

What kind of camp was it? Where in the US were you?

Well, it was in California, San Bernardino. Camp Paivika for the people with physical and mental disables. It was a kind a difficult, but in the end I didn't see the difference between campers and counselors...

AAAAH! How come I missed this topic????!stuipid me!Have been waitinf it for ages& then seen it 2 weeks later :fieee::foool:
well,anyway. I'm here now :yahooo:talyana, Thanx soooooo MUCH!!!! for opening this topic, I know it's not an easy job :clap:
Though my English is probably more British,than American :aiaiai: but still it's ENGLISH :D

talyana,
thank you very much for the support! :) You are right, I fear to speak because I know that I'll do some mistakes. I am ashamed about the mistakes.
You wrote a very mysteriously about Kotya :yess:

talyana,
Well, it was in California, San Bernardino. Camp Paivika for the people with  physical and mental disables. It was a kind a difficult, but in the end I didn't see the difference between campers and counselors...

1326648[/snapback]

Oh, yes, I'm sorry, you've already mentioned that before, I remember now. How did you get involved in this noble project? Do you have a chance to do it again some time? Do you want to do it again, or was it too hard emotionally?

AAAAH! How come I missed this topic????!stuipid me!Have been waitinf it for ages& then seen it 2 weeks later :fieee:  :foool:
well,anyway. I'm here now :yahooo:talyana, Thanx soooooo MUCH!!!! for opening this topic, I know it's not an easy job :clap:
Though my English is probably more British,than American :aiaiai:  but still it's ENGLISH :D

1326681[/snapback]

Well, British or American, it's obviously very good! :D Welcome, welcome!

I didn't put "American English" to imply that those who speak British English shouldn't come, but to make it clear from start that I speak American English, and will be using mostly American idioms, often quite different from the British. I just really didn't want to spend half of the time here fighting over how to spell color (color or colour) or what the correct word for French fries is (I hear in Britain they call them "chips", and what we call "chips" in America, they call "crisps" - at least, that's what a friend of mine who was a native of London told me). :D

talyana,
thank you very much for the support! :) You are right, I fear to speak because I know that I'll do some mistakes. I am ashamed about the mistakes.
You wrote a very mysteriously about Kotya :yess:

1327409[/snapback]

I'll do some mistakes - I'll make some mistakes. Idiomatic expression that just needs to be memorized, just like you make your bed, but do your dishes, for example. :D
I am ashamed about the mistakes - to be ashamed OF something

Trust me, everyone makes mistakes! My husband sometimes asks ME how to spell a word - and he's an American! Noone can know everything, people can also get tired, distracted or can draw a blank on a word or its spelling - it's something that happens to everyone. I know there are still words and rules in English that I am not familiar with. So, just do your best, and we'll help you get better! :D

As for Kotya, well, she has a very colorful biography, so I don't want to spoil it for her, I'm sure she'll tell you of her own travels much better than I can. :D

(I hear in Britain they call them "chips", and what we call "chips" in America, they call "crisps"

:yess:
Also, I think American"pants" in UK are called "trousers" :smexx: well,anyway it doesnt really matter-)
I went to British international school, here in moscow. Although it was BRITISH & all te teachers were British(or Welsh,or Irish, or Scottish)most students used american english(at least in speaking) and now i have american accent :smexx:

:yess:
Also, I think  American"pants" in  UK are called "trousers" :smexx: well,anyway it doesnt really matter-)
I went to British international school, here in moscow. Although it was BRITISH & all te teachers were British(or Welsh,or Irish, or Scottish)most  students used american english(at least in speaking) and now i have american accent :smexx:

1328280[/snapback]

Yeah, I remember long before Americans started thinking that I was an American, a few Brits mistook me for one. :D
As for pants, a friend (who also spoke American English) told me once that "pants" in the UK means "underwear" or "underpants". :???: Supposedly, she once complimented a British girl on her "nice pants", and the girl couldn't understand why the teacher complimented her on her underwear or how she even saw what kind of underwear the student was wearing... :D

Oh, yes, I'm sorry, you've already mentioned that before, I remember now. How did you get involved in this noble project? Do you have a chance to do it again some time? Do you want to do it again, or was it too hard emotionally?

1328140[/snapback]

It's the international programm CCUSA for students and teachers. I tried to come next year, but unfortunatly was the graduated student and can't go, though one of my friend did it...and stay there:) That's why, I think, they don't let these students go:)
Well, I like there so much, but its because everything was planned for me. Between the sessions we had 3-4 free days and visited so many places: San Diego, Disneyland, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hollywood...It was amazing, so many memories.
Talyana, I read your diary... :aiaiai: you were in San Fransisco. Did you like it? I mean< of course you did, but would you like to live there?

It's the international programm CCUSA for students and teachers. I tried to come next year, but unfortunatly was the graduated student and can't go, though one of my friend did it...and stay there:) That's why, I think,  they don't let these students go:)
Well, I like there so much, but its because everything was planned for me. Between the  sessions we had 3-4 free days and visited so many places: San Diego, Disneyland, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hollywood...It was amazing, so many memories.
Talyana, I read your diary...  :aiaiai: you were in San Fransisco. Did you like it? I mean< of course you did, but would you like to live there?

1329270[/snapback]

Sounds like a great experience on so many levels! Good for you!
graduated student - graduate student (i.e. аспирант)? or you have graduated and no longer were a student?
but unfortunatly was the graduated student and can't go, though one of my friend did it...and stay there
Be careful with tenses - I was a graduate (?) student and COULDN'T go, though one of my friends did it and STAYED there.
I like there so much I likED it there so much

As for your question about San Francisco, I did like the city a lot, but I have mixed feelings about living there. It's a very expensive city and state, so if I moved there with a so-so job, I'd be able to afford much less than I can in Texas and many other states. So, I'd only want to move to San Francisco if I had a really good job there.
I think of all American cities I visited so far, if I could move anywhere, I'd move to Boston, although I might have to go back there in the winter once to make sure I can handle it. :D

talyana,

graduated student - graduate student (i.e. аспирант)? or you have graduated and no longer were a student?

The second one:) I was 5th year student.

It's a very expensive city and state

Yeah, everything I earned I spent there...:( But since I was only in CA I believed all states are equal...

Пожалуйста, авторизуйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий

Вы сможете оставлять комментарии после авторизации

Войти