Перейти к контенту
Конференции клуба Родим и вырастим

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Well, we already have Spanish, French and German, but no English!!! Surely, more people here speak English than any other foreign language! So, let's talk! I'm convinced that once the topic starts off, people who can help with corrections won't be lacking, since I personally know more than one English speaker who is fluent in it! :D

One thing that you might want to share with us is your background in English and your goals in it - do you just want to practice what you know, do you need it for a job, for a trip, etc.?

Поделиться этим сообщением

Hello!
My name is Dasha. I'm very glad that Enhlish topic is appiered. Thank you! :yess:
Now I don't work because I have my liittle son. :) He don't visit a kindergarden, but from the first September Vanya will visit it.
I think english language is very necessary in our life and I want to know and to speak it.

Hi, Dasha, you're absolutely right, English is quite useful nowadays, so it helps to speak it! Your English is already very good!
I hope you don't mind if I point out just a few little mistakes.

English topic is appiered

1) appeared
2) has appeared is a better verb tense to use here (it happened in the past, but is still true now)
He don't visit

1) He doesn't (a very common mistake, I used to make it all the time myself :D )
2) It's probably better to use the verb "attend" than the verb "visit".
from the first September

there are 2 ways to say dates in English - either "from the first of September" or "from September the first".

I'm sorry if you already know everything I'm telling you - I know that very often you know the rule, but forget to apply it in writing or in speech - just because you have SO MANY rules to keep in mind, it's easy to forget one or two, but it doesn't mean you don't know them.

WOW!!! :yahooo:
Talyankin!!!
Just this morning I thought of opening this topic. :D
So, you read my mind, my virtual sister! :friends:

So, here I am, joining you. :clap:
You may fully rely upon me if any help is needed. OK? :aiaiai:

WOW!!!  :yahooo:
Talyankin!!!
Just this morning I thought of opening this topic.  :D
So, you read my mind, my virtual sister!  :friends:

So, here I am, joining you.  :clap:
You may fully rely upon me if any help is needed. OK?  :aiaiai:

1270857[/snapback]

Yay! Kotya is here! Now things will really take off. :D
Sisters forever! :friends:

Your English is already very good!

You are flatter to me!!! :aiaiai:
I'm sorry if

Why did you beg pardon?
You are right, I know all these rules, but I forgotten them. I didn't repeat rules and speak English long ago. And I didn't use a vocabulary then I wrote my first report.

I so glad that I understand all reports here! :D
talyana,
Are you from Russia? If you from Russia where did you live and when and why did you go to USA?
When I studied in the school my friend Tanya :) won in one competition, that was in Sanct-Peterburg and flied to Texas to study. In USA she finished a school and received a price from your school or your adapted parents (I don't mind) and enter to Universary. Not so long I corresponded with her, every summer we met, but last year I didn't receive no one letter... :(

I didn't repeat rules and speak English long ago. And I didn't use a vocabulary then I wrote my first report.

Well, for someone who hasn't used English in a long time, you do speak very well, and you probably understand it even better! And it's very good that you didn't use a dictionary - you rarely have a chance to use a dictionary when you speak to people, right? :D So it's best to challenge yourself and try to write without one (well, except when you really need a word that you don't know).

talyana,
Are you from Russia? If you from Russia where did you live and when and why did you go to USA?

Well, I'm originally from Uzbekistan/Turkmenistan, but right now my parents live in Russia, in Saint-Petersburg. I also won a school competition back in 1995 (maybe the same competition as your friend Tanya?) and went to America for a year as an exchange student. I returned to Turkmenistan after 1 year, and applied to Turkmen State University. When I graduated, I decided to return to America to get a Master's degree and now I'm getting a doctoral degree in Texas. So, that's my story! :D
And now, since you don't mind, just a couple of suggestions:
You are flatter to me!!!

Just "you flatter me", no need for "to".
I am so glad that I understand all reports here!

"Posts" or "messages" is probably more appropriate than "reports". Reports tend to be more formal and elaborate. :D
and flied to Texas to study.

"to fly" is an irregular verb, so the past form is "flew"
she finished a school

Americans would say "she graduated from school" (since we're speaking "American" English here :D ).
received a price from your school or your adapted adoptive (or better yet - host, since they probably didn't adopt her, but she just lived with them for a year) parents

Did you mean "her" school, parents?
(I don't mind)

Did you mean "I'm not sure", "I don't know"?
enter to the University

but last year I didn't receive no one letter...

Be careful with double negatives! They are not used in English. So, to say what you wanted to say, you could write:
Last year I didn't receive any letters or
Last year I received no letters

Keep up the good work!

Why did you beg pardon?

1271241[/snapback]

Though the phrase is done right gramatically, I would say that it sounds awkward.
I would better say "Why did you apologise?"

You are flatter to me!!!

Just "you flatter me", no need for "to".

1271399[/snapback]

I think it's better use a continuous tense: "You are flattering me".

:zdrya:

Hello!
I'm very glad that such a nice topic has appeared!
It's a great pleasure for me to have an opportunity to master my English, communicating with you, Talyana!
Thank you very much :yahooo:
How do you plan to organize this theme?
Maybe, you'll raise some themes for discussing... -not sure if I've written this sentence in correct form :crank:
Once again, thank you very much for your (" предложение" - offer, initiative ??? ). :flowers:

Hello!
I'm very glad that such a nice topic has appeared!
It's a great pleasure for me to have an opportunity to master my English, communicating with you, Talyana!
Thank you very much :yahooo:
How do you plan to organize this theme?
Maybe, you'll raise some themes for discussing... -not sure if I've written this sentence in correct form :crank:
Once again, thank you very much for your (" предложение" - offer, initiative ??? ). :flowers:

1271504[/snapback]

Hi, Nute*! And welcome!
Nice job with your English - it's practically flawless! You won't need much help from me or anyone else, I think, maybe just some guidance with vocabulary here and there.
To answer your question about the structure of this topic, well, I won't be the only one "leading" it, hopefully, so we'll have to see about that. To begin with, I was hoping people could answer the questions I asked in my very first post, i.e.:
One thing that you might want to share with us is your background in English and your goals in it - do you just want to practice what you know, do you need it for a job, for a trip, etc.?

Once we get a nice group of people and we know their background and their goals, we could figure out how to do this in order to benefit everyone as much as possible while also having some fun. Sounds good?
As for your hesitations:

The form is just fine, but I would have probably written "some themes for discussion".

Both offer and initiative could work, but initiative is probably a little more accurate in this particular case.
Hope to see you here again soon!

Hi!
Maybe I won't be very orginal by saying that Im also happy to have find this topic :D
So, Im married to a Friench and we are living in Turkey....therefore I speak English every day, but ...... Let's say it is very and very difficult to speak correctly when there is no one real representetative of a l-ge :???: So, there is so many words I'm pronouncing in a friench way :aiaiai: And of course the story of rules.......it's so difficult to use them even if you know them very well :bkeh:
And I know the best way to speak a good English is to read......but so far I can't find a book that will be not very complicated and interesting in the same time :bestbook:

KOSHKA_T,

Maybe I won't be very orginal by saying that Im also happy to have find this topic

Let me welcome you to the English-speaking club! :zdrya:
In this sentence the verb "find" is used in the past perfect tence - so it should sound like

happy to have find found this topic

Let's say it is very and very difficult to speak correctly

Of course! That's why we are here to help each other.
This sentence sounds very russian. In English they do not use intensification by repeating. So if you mean to say that it's very difficult to speak correctly and want to amplify the meaning, you can say:

it is extremely difficult to speak correctly

Ok, let's move further. :morgalik:

So, there is so many words

Plural - should sound like: there are so many words/ :morgalik:

interesting in the same time

Interesting at the same time. It's a set phrase.

And I know the best way to speak a good English is to read......

It is not always so. Sometimes people know vocabulary and grammar but they are afraid to speak. So, I would put it like this - the best way to speak good English is to practice!

Ok, now it's my turn to say some words about myself.

In 1993 I graduated from Volgograd State University. I was learning English and German for 5 years there. Since the day of my graduation I had a little chance to use German, so I have lost almost all my speaking skills. But English follows me in my life.

I worked for "The Coca-Cola" company for 8 years and every single day I needed English for work. Now when I live in the country where English is one of three state languages, I need it for living, for everyday communication. And I love it!

Wow!!! Look at my ruler!

lineika.gif

That's a date!!!!

Пожалуйста, авторизуйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий

Вы сможете оставлять комментарии после авторизации

Войти