Перейти к контенту
Конференции клуба Родим и вырастим

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Akishura,
Whats the weather like in London today?

Поделиться этим сообщением

Akishura,
:red-tsch::flowers:

Now, here comes the REAL expert on London!

[/align]Sangerin,

" The fog was so thick that the shops in Bond Street had lights at noon. I could not see people in the street from my windows. I am tempted to ask, how the English became great with so little day-light? It seems not to come fully out until nine in the morning, and immediately after four it is gone.
King Charles’s saying of the English climate is often brought up; that it interrupts outdoor labour fewer days in the year than any other. Did he remember the fogs, and how very short the day is, for labour, during a portion of the year?
On the 22nd of the month, accidents occurred all over London, from a remarkable fog. Carriages ran against each other, and persons were knocked down by them at the crossings. The whole gang of thieves seemed to be let loose. After perpetrating their deeds, they eluded detection by darting into the fog. It was of an opake, dingy yellow. Torches were used as guides to carriages at mid-day, but gave scarcely any light through the fog. I went out for a few minutes. It was dismal. "

[align=right]Richard Rush, A Residence at the Court of London 1833

Well, it is not like that any more!

At the moment, it is cloudy and misty with locally dense fog patches. Generally rather cold, maximum temperature 8 deg C (46 deg F) and minimum temperature 2 deg C (36 deg F).
HAHA cold, I should tell my father that :smexx: But for me it is cold guys! I am so used to the warm weather now, that I am not sure what I am going to do back home in winter :eek:

talyana*,
I am not an expert, but a student :pioner::histeric: But I can point out couple of nice palces to go :yess:

I see... Its like in Sankt-Peterburg. Where I live.
I asked it, because I would like to know do our citys is similar? Many people says it.

talyana*,
I have only 2 free days in London. I'll take a double-decker tour, as you advise me. And I would likec to see a museum of Mr Sherlok Holms, because I like storys about him.

How did your interview go?

There were a troubles. I havn`t enugh documents for getting visa. It is becouse the girl, who prepare our trip, get for me no full list of documents. I was many move for get nesesory documents.

Did you get your visa?

I am waiting for answer now. I think answer will today.

When are you planning to go on your trip?

My trip will from 23/02/08 to 27/02/08.

Akishura,
I would like to know, where i can go in the night in London? N

And I would likec to see a museum of Mr Sherlok Holms, because I like storys about him.

Dont waste your time on it. It is a museum of Sherlock Holmes per se, but just collection of some antic things and a wax figures. I was really disapointed.

Go to the city, Tower, Westminster abbey etc - something London specific. O! If you can go to the changing of guards ceremony.

I would like to know, where i can go in the night in London?

To the pub :smexx:
or to some show like talyana* said.

Женатый со стажем,
you are wellcome

snejkas,
eou can practic this with great teachers... :clap:

snejkas,
yes, but it only in start.

I will not go to th London. I didn't get a visa. I don't know why. But I am learning English in any case.

Пожалуйста, авторизуйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий

Вы сможете оставлять комментарии после авторизации

Войти